Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

On 2021-03-10 at 07:27, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:

> By the way, what does "usr" mean?  I thought it was "user" untill I
> took a look inside.  Just asking.

I've traditionally understood it to stand for "UNIX Shared Resources",
but V.E.R.A. (the Virtual Entity of Relevant Acronyms) doesn't list that
as a definition; the nearest definition it does have which looks like it
might be related is "User Service Routines".

I can't completely rule out a derivation from "user", but I don't think
that's usually considered likely.

--
   The Wanderer