Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

On 10-03-2021 13:08, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
> Hello.
>
> While I was making my research before installing Debian
> I saw that the filesystem hierarchy is not so friendly
> (I'm new to GNU/Linux operating systems).

Yes, you are.
There is nothing `unfriendly' concerning the filesystem heirarchy.
What negative experiences have you had with it, so far, that inclines
you to this point of view?

> I saw there was a distribution called GoboLinux which
> addressed that inconvenience, but according to a DistroWatch review,
> it is not usable at all.

Again, there is no inconvenience.

> In my opinion, I think there would be no need to make another distro
> to make such customizations to the system, it would be better
> if it were implemented at a package level on an existing distro.
>
> So, my question is: Is there a way to put another, more friendly,
> filesystem hierarchy to Debian, like the one of GoboLinux?

If Gobolinux is not usable, as you say, why do you seek to emulate it?
The current file system set up is far from `unfriendly', in my
experience.
Cheers!

Harry.

--
`The World is not dangerous because of those who do harm but
 because of those who look on without doing anything'.