Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

Le 10/03/2021 à 04:08, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z a écrit :

> Hello.
>
> While I was making my research before installing Debian
> I saw that the filesystem hierarchy is not so friendly
> (I'm new to GNU/Linux operating systems).
> I saw there was a distribution called GoboLinux which
> addressed that inconvenience, but according to a DistroWatch review,
> it is not usable at all.
>
> In my opinion, I think there would be no need to make another distro
> to make such customizations to the system, it would be better
> if it were implemented at a package level on an existing distro.
>
> So, my question is: Is there a way to put another, more friendly,
> filesystem hierarchy to Debian, like the one of GoboLinux?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.

Your question is equivalent to saying "is there a way to put commands in
mly car a more friendly way".

It is important that people find thiungs where they are used to find
them. Every placement will need some learning for the beginners, and
changing things won't help beginners and will confuse experienced users.

At the beginiing of minitel in France (a terminal allowing to access
directories and other networking services) builders chose to have an
alphabetic keyboard "more friendly". Second version had the traditional
french AZERTY Keyboard, for this exact reason : it did not help
beginners and confused people who knew to use a keyboard.