Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

> As above, there's no inherent reason this naming convention *couldn't*
> be changed, but doing so would be a vast and invasive thing, which would
> probably break at least a few things that one might not notice. Doing it
> at all would basically require you to design the entire distribution
> around the new naming model - and so far, AFAIK, nobody with the
> resources to put together a distro has found doing this to be worth the
> bother.

Yes, you're right there.  It is not easy to make such changes.
On practical terms: very difficult.

But, if you use some path translation mechanism
to bring compatibility between the two systems, they could work together
without breaking anything... just thinking.

It looks like if I want it, I will have to do it by myself,
since today no one has made it a reality.