Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

> I've traditionally understood it to stand for "UNIX Shared Resources",
> but V.E.R.A. (the Virtual Entity of Relevant Acronyms) doesn't list that
> as a definition; the nearest definition it does have which looks like it
> might be related is "User Service Routines".

So it is an acronym then.  Thanks for your answer,
it gives me some light about everything.
I think it would be better if it was called "USR" at least
to reflect the fact it is an acronym,
but it could have been "Shared" or "Resources".
You see what I mean?

> --
>    The Wanderer
>
> The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
> persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all
> progress depends on the unreasonable man.         -- George Bernard Shaw

Hmm, very interesting this quote.