Re: No GRUB with brand-new GPU

On 2020-12-29 at 16:48, Anssi Saari wrote:

> The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
>> Unless someone else in the household happens to have Win10 install
>> media sitting around, which given that the number of tech-savvy
>> people in the household who run Windows is a grand total of 1 is
>> not terribly likely.
>
> Microsoft does make their installation media freely downloadable
> these days.

Yeah, but I don't (think I) have any writable optical discs sitting
around, and even if they happen to provide a bootable-USB-capable
downloadable medium that can be applied to such a USB drive from a Linux
environment I don't currently have an embarrassment of available USB
drives which I can safely erase to work with.

(Plus I am biased against accessing Websites which have no reason to
need to be dynamic but nonetheless require JavaScript, and for some time
now many of Microsoft's Websites - including, IIRC, the ones through
which they offer downloads - have fit that description.)

--
   The Wanderer