Re: No GRUB with brand-new GPU

The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:

> I need to get that live-boot medium ready and do those tests.

That seems like a good thing to do. Another thing you could do is post
your grub.cfg. It seems a little odd you haven't. Also from previous
discussion I think it's worth mentioning that Grub doesn't actually read
/etc/default/grub, update-grub reads it to generate
/boot/grub/grub.cfg. So only editing /etc/default/grub doesn't change
Grub config in any way.

If you're up for it, you could setup a serial terminal and send Grub
output to serial and/or console. That way you might be able to boot and
wouldn't have to switch video cards to try different configurations.
But if you only have that one computer then I guess not.