Re: Homebuilt NAS Advice

Leslie Rhorer wrote:

> Come on.  Be honest.  How many messages in this or any other forum can
> you specifically remember from a year ago?  When was the last time you
> read a post more than a year old?  My servers have a permanent and
> non-volatile memory (thank heavens), but I don't, and neither does the
> average Debian user.

Well, few days ago I read few threads from 2013/14 and I remember few that
were helpful to me from past few years.

I was referring the internet as a cache. The young people (I am also not
that young) are very pragmatic. Most of them want to work from the phone if
possible :D. I think it goes like phone, tablet, laptop and a desktop. The
desktop they see as a tool to play games, because the hardware required
does not fit into the other type of devices.

I think the next generation will look at laptops the way this now is looking
at desktops.

I also agree that there are notebooks where you can put two disks inside,
but I was not sure for the newer models with NMVIe or M.2 slots. On the
older models I would replace the CD/DVD ROM with a case holding an SSD, but
newer models do not have even CD ROM drive.