Re: Homebuilt NAS Advice

On 8/6/2020 11:25 AM, deloptes wrote:
Stefan Monnier wrote:

And you suggest I put a 4-drive enclosure in my backpack next to my
laptop? Seriously?

	Why not?

Stefan, I have the same situation - on the Laptop only backup works :D

Basically you can forget RAID in USB2 context. I have not tried USB3, but I
heard that even the spead is compareable the issue is with the controllers.

This is BS idea - imagine you have a meeting and you make a presentation
packing out 2-3 USB disks just to have a RAID :D

First of all, it is one small chassis, not 2 -3 separate disks. Secondly, so what? You act as if a small box sitting next to a laptop is some sort of elephant sitting in your lap. It is not difficult at all to imagine. What's difficult to imagine is using a laptop for a business presentation. I have done thousands of business presentations. Not one on a laptop.

This was funny!