Re: Homebuilt NAS Advice

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:40:03PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
Anyone currently using OpenMediaVault, or have recommendations for
another package, or advice, in general, on homebuilt NAS?

My advice is to keep it boring and mundane, and avoid the temptation
to try some flashy technology Just Because. (I put ZFS in that category,
personally; and BTRFS). My NAS runs stock Debian and I've documented it
here: <https://jmtd.net/hardware/phobos/>

--
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org
🔗	https://jmtd.net