Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On 23.04.20 21:24, deloptes wrote:
(...)
While there are good articles on the debian wiki, there are also bad once
and if you are not familiar with linux and debian, you never know what you
are dealing with. There are also many not well maintained or outdated (and
don't ask for examples please).

If you ask me, there should be someone close to the development in specific
area, who can sign of documents to be published online. Let the community
come with suggestions in the background and you adopt the changes you think
are meaningful. If you wish  be it something like a blog, but to the front
should come only high quality.
(...)
Exactly this!
I always double check with the Arch Wiki in order to find out if a Debian page might still be a valid reference. Not a professional but at least being a well informed Debian desktop user, and already having seen too many of technically outdated advise in the Debian documentation, its simply worth it. Admittedly, I (by now) never volunteered to report a bug in the documentation or even write a patch, because I am afraid to introduce another mistake and then becoming bashed by the real experts, or even worse my mistakes staying uncovered and unfortunately then doing harm to other people searching for help. If there would be some expert instance for proof reading my suggestions, then I would like to actively participate in improving the documentation.

Best wishes!
Marco.