Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 08:29:46AM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> David Wright wrote:
>
> > 1. Going from thinking to knowing. Even assuming they're well-informed,
> > it may be worth checking with other people running different systems
> > about what's wrong, and what the new text should say.
> >
> > 2. Pages often need more than just piecemeal corrections: they may
> > need someone with a sense of ownership to restructure them, or even
> > to coordinate a rewrite when they lose focus.
> >

> totally agree with you. You see what happens to wikipedia.  (I mean wikipedia
> can not be trusted. it was prooven that people falsify information or
> impose censorship).

[citation needed]

Now irony aside: manipulation efforts are to be expected on high
visibility sites like Wikipedia. I think that, given the constraints,
it's doing a pretty good job nevertheless.

If you pick anything up on the internet, don't swallow it right away,
says my doctor.

What's your source of wisdom? Facebook?

> Best would be to have ownership and the community to decide what needs to be
> there, after which the owner of the document can edit.

Each scheme has its advantages and disadvantages. The one you propose
mimicks Debian's traditional packaging setup -- although you see more
and more team-owned packages nowadays.

Cheers
-- t