Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Tue 21 Apr 2020 at 11:18:14 +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:35:00PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> > I don't know what the writer of those two sentences meant by
> > structure, but I specifically mentioned the Discussion page
> > (≡ Wikipedia's Talk page) which I think is an important
> > factor in improving content.
>
> At some point a long time ago, the Debian Wiki administrators (at the
> time) decided to direct meta-discussions towards the debian-www@ mailing
> list, instead of Discussion pages. I think this was a mistake, and it's
> something I've been wanting to push back on for some time, but it hasn't
> raised up my TODO list far enough.

I do not have a TODO list, but pushing all wiki issues onto debian-www
probably wasn't the best of ideas. It seems to me that discourse would
be a good place to put them.

At the same time, what is the point of discusssion? A user thinks a
technical point on the wiki is wrong; they know it is wrong; they change
it. Where's the problem?

--
Brian.