Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Tue 14 Apr 2020 at 10:19:13 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Lu, 13 apr 20, 20:30:45, Brian wrote:
>
> > A similar, less constrictive, idea has been tried before
> >
> >   http://shapado.debian.net/
> >
> > and has failed miserably.
>
> Sadly this yet another instance where I end up finding better answers
> about Debian on non-Debian platforms (like StackExchange), the other one
> being the Arch's wiki (significantly better than Debian's).
>
> For some reasons (missing SEO?) I don't see many hits from
> lists.debian.org in DuckDuckGo or Google.

Fortunately, I could remember fragments of the original post on
debian -project, so my search didn't take too long.

 https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/09/msg00123.html

The shapado.debian.net domain eventually became ask.debian.net.
See

 https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2010/14/#ask

  > With the help of the Shapado Project, members of the
  > Debian project started a new user oriented service at
  > ask.debian.net. It lets users ask specific questions
  > and find answers, while also providing rating systems
  > and badges for users. It allows Debian Developers and
  > other contributors to easily stay in touch with the
  > community.

My recollection is that, after an initial flurry of activity by
DDs, the response to questions was left in the hands of a single
person.

--
Brian.