Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:45:02AM +0300, Reco wrote:
> 	Dear list,
>
> [1] came to my attention today. To quote relevant parts:

[...]

> Email is still important to me!
>   Fine, you can interact with Discorse by email rather than the web
> interface. It should be noted however, that there is *not 1:1 feature
> partiy* with email and the web interface, as Discorse does things that
> can't easily be done with email. For the majority of users though, email
> interaction should be "good enough".

I have the honor to be mail participant in a discourse forum.

I don't like it *at all*.

It's not that "Discorse does things that > can't easily be done with
email" -- this is *framing*. Discourse makes things which were easy
by email practically impossible (like, for example, following up
something in private).

I think I'll follow up there.

Thanks for the heads-up, cheers
-- tomás