Re: Moderation (not!) [was: Debian is testing Discourse]

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:05:05 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

Hello tomas@tuxteam.de,

>On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 09:56:24AM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> You can close threads, so no further messages can be added (stops
>> hi-jacking, drift, etc.)
>I don't see why mailing list software (technically) can't offer this
>too. But I won't further belabour that point.

I'm sure it can.  Thread splitting is easy enough, with an MUA that
allows you to do it, but at the archive end, IDK.  Discourse certainly
makes it easier.  Closing threads - not so much.

>That's my opinion, too (and I /do/ have some experience with
>discourse). But, well, there are other opinions out there, so...

As do I.  Both groups.io & discourse.  I dislike both.

--
 Regards  _
I hope I live to relive the days gone by