Re: Moderation (not!) [was: Debian is testing Discourse]

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 09:56:24AM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:32:55 +0200
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>
> Hello tomas@tuxteam.de,
>
> >This one is surprising to me. Why should community moderation be
> >easier for discourse?
>
> You can close threads, so no further messages can be added (stops
> hi-jacking, drift, etc.)

I don't see why mailing list software (technically) can't offer this
too. But I won't further belabour that point.

> In every other way (i.e. apart from moderation) discourse (and other web
> forums) are inferior to email.  The quoting sucks, for a start.

That's my opinion, too (and I /do/ have some experience with
discourse). But, well, there are other opinions out there, so...

Cheers
-- t