Re: Moderation (not!) [was: Debian is testing Discourse]

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:32:55 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

Hello tomas@tuxteam.de,

>This one is surprising to me. Why should community moderation be
>easier for discourse?

You can close threads, so no further messages can be added (stops
hi-jacking, drift, etc.)  Can split message(s) off to start new topic
(because of thread drift).  Same as any other web forum, of course.  Most
web forums don't have email capability though.  Only discourse and
groups.io that I know of have it.  Even then, as an email user of both
discourse and groups.io I'm treated as 'second class'.

In every other way (i.e. apart from moderation) discourse (and other web
forums) are inferior to email.  The quoting sucks, for a start.

--
 Regards  _
The stakes were high but the danger low