Re: Debian is testing Discourse

Hi Keith,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 02:45:33PM +1000, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> I might give it a try - but my history with fora that are
> available in browser is that I forget to go look at what is
> happening; even when I ask a question. At least with email, I get
> a prompt to look at un-read mail.

It is pretty good about notifying you by email about important
things like replies, but you may want to go to your notification
preferences and enable "mailing list mode", and then you would get
an email copy of everything.

The email copies have proper threading and can be replied to by
email, although they are unfortunately all HTML mail.

Most of the Discourse instances I care about are followed in mailing
list mode and read in my Mutt client as like you I don't want to
miss posts.

Cheers,
Andy