Re: Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> You might theoretically be helping millions of others reading along who
> appreciate your continued inout about a derived subject - but it is more
> sensible to me, and more visible to those who want that help, if you
> change the subject line to match your derived topic.

No,
I am helping the OP. As one wise man said once: from shit you can make only
shit and this is it with low budget crappy hardware servers. He may be wise
to understand you too. I did not want to induce my opinion that way, but if
there is no other way to say it clear ... I hope now it is clear.
Than someone suggests a NAS board etc. etc. - cause he/she has a server for
MP3 files and so on...

When I was student with low budget I tried this - nothing worked (long).
Doing proper concept, calculations included and spending a bit more gave me
a system running without an issue for more than 6y now - its worth the
latest penny.

So I do not know if you can buy for 500 today what I have bought for 1000 6y
ago - I doubt, but then the guy says he has some old disks, not saying what
kind of disks and wants a server? Pls give me a break. If those 3-4 people
try reading/writing simultaneously and it has also some background jobs
running ... well good luck.