Re: Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

Quoting Kenneth Parker (2019-08-08 12:39:35)
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 4:50 AM Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
>
> > deloptes (12019-08-08):
> > > Well strictly speaking two different things are referred as
> > > server:
> > <snip>
> >
> > I have observed that contributors on this mailing-list have a
> > tendency to fall in two categories:
> >
> > - those who try to understand what the original poster says in order
> >   to reply in the most helpful manner ;
> >
> > - those who try to understand what the original poster says in order
> >   to find imprecisions and then forcefully educate them.
>

> I get forcefully educated quite a bit, by being on this email list.
>
> But, in my opinion, Servers can look like, just about anything.

I think you are missing the point: When someone asks a question on this
list, then that someone gets to decide what the question is.

Question was not "please advice on buying what you consider a server"
but "please advice on buying what original poster considers a server".

Feel free to take inspiration from a post to talk about something else -
but don't steal the thread!  Instead do as Nicolas did here and rename
subject field to clearly indicate that you are changing topic!

 - Jonas