Re: Helpful attitude (was: Server hardware advice.)

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 4:50 AM Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
deloptes (12019-08-08):
> Well strictly speaking two different things are referred as server:
<snip>

I have observed that contributors on this mailing-list have a tendency
to fall in two categories:

- those who try to understand what the original poster says in order to
  reply in the most helpful manner ;

- those who try to understand what the original poster says in order to
  find imprecisions and then forcefully educate them.

I get forcefully educated quite a bit, by being on this email list.

But, in my opinion, Servers can look like, just about anything.

For a few months, I actually ran a Netbook as a Web, and Email Server, under an old Ubuntu release.  Kept it plugged in all the time, which worked against me, due to Battery issues, but that's another story.

I also hear stories about people, using Raspberry Pi Systems as Servers.  Oh well.

Best regards,

Kenneth Parker