Re: Server hardware advice.

I would say a server is any piece of software or hardware that serves data to other devices.

I have run an apache2/mariadb/php server from an old laptop with a headless LTS Linux for over two years without issue.

Surely you aren't saying only a rack mounted 64 core monstrosity with a TB of ram is qualified to be called a "server"

For my needs, I doubt anything more than a modern single board computer is necessary. At least as far as compute power is concerned.

--
Steven Mainor