Re: A call to drop gnome as the default desktop

Keith Bainbridge writes:
> I see the point that people who like gnome should be allowed to use it
> -
> so withdraw the drop gnome from debian.  I believe the change to the
> subject line will keep the discussion together. I'll re-send if it
> opens a new topic.

Why should GNOME not stay the default desktop?  Because it supports
using either of Wayland or X11?

To quote your original mail this was one of the two main reasons you
proposed GNOME to be dropped after all (besides not being able to move
some toolbar):

| [...] gnome is insisting that we like a new video process, just
| because the team have decided to like it lots.
|
| I say this is NOT freedom.

How is supporting *only* X11 freedom, but supporting *both* Wayland and
X11 NOT freedom?

Wouldn't it be more logical to drop all desktop environments that
support *only* X11 to give more freedom?

Ansgar