Re: Replace systemd

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
>   [...]
>> >
>> > OpenBSD folks beg to differ.
>> >
>> > https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=149902196520920&w=2
>>
>> They were mocking systemd, not adopting the behaviour...
>
> Rly? But why? That's legitimate patch aimed on improving compatibility
> and interoperability. I certainly expect this patch to land in sudo
> upstream.

You can hurt yourself cherry picking from the openbsd lists.

If you want to know whether Ted was serious, the best approach is to
watch the source tree:

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/doas/

Check the date on the message, and, BTW, read the whole thread,
while you're at it, if you haven't. Ask yourself why the debate fizzled.

Check the date again, check who owns doas, check the last change
to the source tree.

What is missing?

--
Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with my bare cast.
http://defining-computers.blogspot.com/2017/06/reinventing-computers.html

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html