Re: How stable is the frozen stretch?

On 05/16/2017 11:04 PM, SDA wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 08:50:45AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

*ROFL!* <giggle><giggle> ;/
I've been a computer _user_ for a half-century.
About 5 years ago I started seriously plotting my escape from the gloppy GUI
of an organization recently in the news.
I investigated "Linux from Scratch", Slackware, and Ubuntu. Debian was
chosen for having a good mixture of customizing possibilities and breath of
easily installed tested software.

IMHO You should do LFS - Over the past 18 months or so, the amount of
traffic attributed to you and your learning is incredible. A lot of time is
spent on your issues, (which face it aren't really problems) while I feel
that other users don't get the attention needed. What makes you think you
should monopolize this list as your personal research tool? It's fucking
ridiculous!

My current mantra is "If retirement isn't for learning, what use is it?"

Maybe get out and enjoy life more? I'm retired too, but don't spend all my
time at the keyboard!

If he's like me, an amputee in a wheelchair, keeping the ole brain active, while everything else is failing, isn't a bad thing. I also watch a lot of cooking shows, but that is another matter. <grins> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html