Re: CUPS in stretch does NOT WORK - Ricoh printer SP112 SP112-su

On Sat 04 Feb 2017 at 14:55:18 +0900, Mark Fletcher wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 01:42:00AM +0000, Roba wrote:
> > /etc/cups/cupsd.conf  (I thought whereis would have found it, I am wrong)
> >
> > # Show general information in error_log.
> > LogLevel warn
> > MaxLogSize 0
> > Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
> > Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
> > Browsing On
> > BrowseLocalProtocols dnssd
>
> In my _working_ CUPS on Jessie, I have :
>
> Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
> Listen 192.168.11.5:631
>
> which I find fascinating, as 192.168.11.5 is _NOT_ the IP address of my
> computer, yet somehow it works anyway. The port scan you did a reply or

You don't mean localhost:631 works, surely? What is 192.168.11.5? Does
cupsd run on it?

> two ago showed you had something listening on UDP port 631, but nothing
> on TCP port 631, which is why printing is not working.

Exactly.

> Indulge us, and add a line to your cupsd.conf as follows:
>
> Listen localhost:631
>
> and restart CUPS and see what happens.

It would solve his problem.

> Assuming that works, you are going to want to know why it was necessary
> to add it, and I am afraid I have no idea. I can tell you though, for
> what use this is, it is _NOT_ a direct cause of the wheezy --> jessie
> upgrade. I performed that upgrade (a good while ago, to be fair) and did
> not experience this problem. So in the absence of better information I'd
> have to guess something you did or something else you installed resulted
> in this happening to your conf file. I really have no idea what that
> could be though.

There is nothing in the postinst script for cups which would replace a
"Listen localhost:631" line. Easily tested with

 apt-get --reinstall install cups

--
Brian.