Re: CUPS in stretch does NOT WORK - Ricoh printer SP112 SP112-su

reaching CUPS, as I should be able to, is the problem, not printing
(that is a personal problem).

Again, your help (Brian) is appreciated but it seems as the problem and
the reason I am bringing it up here is not just to solve my own printer
problem, as this I brought into myself last year by buying a cheap
printer with no linux support.

Let's say I buy another printer with linux drivers available, would CUPS
be reachable.  To sum it up, there are others out there with Debian
upgrade to testing that experienced the same and although they pin point
the problem to /etc/hosts PARANOIA I have not been able to do the same
as I can not find the correct syntax for making exceptions.

LYNX did not work, same unreachable response (wow it is still alive?)
I will not try to rename ~/.mozilla as I already said that I created a
new user and started ff from scratch new - no-plugins  No difference.
Running browser as root did not reach.  I am suspecting a more serious
problem than it appears.

Here is another output if that helps:
$ ping 127.0.0.1
$ ping 127.0.0.1:631
ping: 127.0.0.1:631: Name or service not known

ftp or telnet was not responsive either

I also run LXDE, going to X or openbox had the same exact results.

Brian: