Re: CUPS in stretch does NOT WORK - Ricoh printer SP112 SP112-su

On Wed 01 Feb 2017 at 01:18:40 +0100, roba@openmailbox.org wrote:

> >Device: uri = usb://RICOH/SP%20112SU%20DDST?serial=X004MB30122&interface=1
> >        class = direct
> >        info = RICOH SP 112SU DDST
> >        make-and-model = RICOH SP 112SU DDST
> >        device-id = MFG:RICOH ;CMD:GDI;MDL:SP 112SU DDST;CLS:PRINTER;
> >        location =
> >
> Thanks for your help by the way, here is some other weird occurrence.
> I run sudo firefox to see if it was a privilege problem and get this:
> The screen came up but all links from the main page would run to a denial
> page.
> The screen was from a cached page from way back when it was 1.7.5, while the
> current installed cups is 2.2.1-6 ..
>
> When you delete the cached page same thing happens, deny deny deny.
> Should I get something like konqueror or opera and try it?  I hate
> downloading stuff and deleting it as I had run into trouble before

You appear to have a browser problem rather than a printing problem.
I believe the advice with Firefox is to move ~/.mozilla out of the
way and restart it. Lynx would be good enough for what you want to
do. Try that to access localhost:631.

Alternatively, put your PPD in /usr/share/ppd/custom and use

lpadmin -p ... -v usb://RICOH/... -E -m /usr/share/ppd/custom/<myppd>

--
Brian.