Re: CUPS in stretch does NOT WORK - Ricoh printer SP112 SP112-su

Let us see.
I HAVE explained I have done nothing to alter what existed from "stock"
in Jessie (when cups) did work from the browser, right?
Now it does not and I HAVE DONE NOTHING other than upgrading from stable
to testing.  And cups does not work.  Now how would your question
address this issue?

You want to see output published here on the list but your email does
not really exist, so you read the list from elsewhere.  That makes me
wonder with who or what am I talking to.

$ whereis cupsd.conf
cupsd: /usr/sbin/cupsd /usr/share/man/man8/cupsd.8.gz

$ ls -al /usr/sbin/cup*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 174416 Jan 19 15:44 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  27980 Feb 16  2016 /usr/sbin/cups-genppdupdate
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  10232 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsaccept
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  10232 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsaddsmb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  10232 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsctl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 416328 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     10 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsdisable ->
cupsaccept
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     10 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsenable ->
cupsaccept
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  26920 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsfilter
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     10 Jan 18 15:06 /usr/sbin/cupsreject ->
cupsaccept

Anything else I can help you with?
Because it doesn't seem any more that I am seeking help from someone who
wants to help but from someone who wants to interrogate and arrogantly
wants to make anybody seem inferior.  If that really matters to you, I
do not know and I do not wish to compete with any experts for the
position of the expert.  It is not even that extreme for me to make the
damn printer work.

BUT

If CUPS worked and one does nothing to affect it (consciously at least
because I'd rather do work than be fiddling with debian bugs) and after
some upgrade/update it doesn't I suspect it is a bug on behalf of the
system and not MY PROBLEM.  Because if I had left the damn thing alone
unupdated in its old stable state I wouldn't be here asking questions.

I suspect this is not what DEBIAN as a community want or expect.

Now if we can address the issue and not the bearer of the symptom we can
become constructive again.

Brian: