Re: Problems with upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie

On Wed 05 Oct 2016 at 19:50:50 +0200, Hans Kraus wrote:

> thanks to all. Brian is right with his opinion that I'm not subscribed
> to the list. I sent a 'subscribe' to
> <mailto: debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org> but didn't get an answer
> (or at least I didn't find it).

The reply comes back to the address you subscribed from. Maybe that
wasn't hans@hanswkraus.com. But we will not dwell on that; you can sort
it out at another time.

> How do I switch drivers under Debian, especiallay from the "AMD FGLRX driver
> for Radeon adapters" to the "free radeon driver, which is the default in
> jessie"?

I did not mean to imply you are using the FGLRX driver. Your "lspci -v"
output shows

  > Kernel driver in use: radeon

which implies otherwise. But the journalctl output doesn't look happy.

To answer your question:

  dpkg -l | grep fglrx

Lines with "ii" indicate installed packages. Purge and see what a reboot
does.

(What does the glxinfo command give?)

--
Brian.