Re: Problems with upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie

Hi, thank's for your sppedy reaction.

With "gui stopped" I mean the following:
After the boot process, instead of the graphical login screen where
one can select the user, enter the password and do some selections,
the following screen appears:

A pic of a sad computer with the text (the first line is in bold):
       Oh no! Something has gone wrong.
A problem occurred and the system can't recover.
        Please log out and try again.
               -----------
               | Log Out |
               -----------
I get the same screen when I choose another shell (via Ctrl-Alt-F2),
log in as root and enter: startx.

The /etc/apt/sources.list:
root@robbe:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main

# deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports wheezy-backports non-free
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free

# wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free
The parts "main contrib non-free" are on the same line; Thundebird
insists on line breaks ...

Kind regards,
Hans