Re: Problems with upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie

Hans Kraus composed on 2016-10-04 20:01 (UTC+0200):

The VGA output:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Turks XT [Radeon HD 6670/7670] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
As far as I know I didn't install a special video driver. At least not
for Jessie, and, to the best of my knowledge, not for Wheezy too.

Do you have xserver-xorg-video-ati, amd64-microcode and firmware-linu* installed? Xorg.0.log reports using the radeon driver, but your Turks may require the AMD driver from the ati package, and/or firmware not included in a default installation.

(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found) in Xorg.0.log would normally be a bad sign, but as you're using AMD video, the appearance of that message should be a logging error, not a real error.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/