Re: Problems with upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie

> [ kernel, dist-upgrade ]

All looks fine, you seem to have an up to date Jessie system and the
only thing that was installed was the security update DSA-3684-1 of
this morning.

On 10/03/2016 08:42 PM, Hans Kraus wrote:
> Oct 02 17:24:37 robbe /etc/gdm3/Xsession[2351]: Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
> Oct 02 17:24:37 robbe /etc/gdm3/Xsession[2351]: gnome-session-is-accelerated: No hardware 3D support.

There's your problem: as far as I know, GNOME under Jessie only works
if you have 3D OpenGL hardware acceleration support. And apparently
your GPU is either not supported (maybe not anymore) or you don't have
the right driver loaded.

Could you post the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log? (It may repeat
itself, every time the X server is started, only the last one of
these repeats is sufficient.) Also, what graphics card do you have?
(You can find out via "lspci -v" as root and looking for a device
with "VGA" in the device type.) Do you have any special drivers
installed? (For example, if you have an NVIDIA card, do you have the
proprietary nvidia drivers installed?)

Regards,
Christian