Re: DVI swtch is not working with Debian 8.0

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:08:38 -0700
Glenn English <ghe@srv.slsware.net> wrote:

> > On Jan 10, 2016, at 2:21 PM, German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I already tried Mint, Ubuntu and Open SUSE. All the same, mouse and
> > keyboard don't work.
>
> Hate to beat a dead dog, but are they all using SystemD? I swear
> Wheezy and several earlier versions of Debian (all shell script
> startups, etc.) work just fine, and I can believe this is a subtle
> bug that the SystemD developers didn't notice. Jessie is great on the
> laptop, but there's no KVM involved. Try FreeBSD or Slackware.

I just tried Majaro OpenRC edition. The things are the same. Mouse got
frozen. Was pressing random keys on keyboard and doubt it works either.

> Is anyone on this list successfully running a pile of Jessies with a
> KVM?
>
> My KVM is used only with Dell and SuperMicro servers -- could their
> different BIOSes be the trouble?
>
> If you plug the mouse, keyboard, and monitor into the KVM and set the
> KVM to one of your boxen, then boot that box from powered off, do
> things work?
No, they don't

I've noticed my servers talking about seeing new devices
> when I switch between machines with the KVM. Maybe yours set things
> at boot and don't notice the switch?

Interesting though. If I forget to plug USB switch cable to a computer,
the BIOS complains that it can't find the keyboard. So BIOS seems to be
perfectly aware of the switch. All works great in BIOS, and mouse and
keyboard.