Re: DVI swtch is not working with Debian 8.0

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 08:26:03 -0500
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

> On 10/01/16 01:47 AM, German wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I recently bought this DVI KVM switch:
> > http://en.mt-viki.com/product/KVM/usbkvm_dvi/2014/0712/577.html
> >
> > It claims to support linux and from what I understand it is hardware
> > switch, so it should work. It isn't. To be specific, mouse and
> > keyboard don't work. Both mouse and keyboard works in BIOS though
> > through the switch. I wonder if anyone has any ideas what's the
> > problem might be. Thank you.
> >
> I'm assuming that both keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly
> into the box you want to control.

Yes, they work
> What happens if you unplug the keyboard or mouse cable from the box
> you are trying to control, then plug it back in?

I tried to unplug USB cable which goes from switch to a computer and
plug it back, I tried to unplug keyboard and mouse from a switch and
plug it back. Nothing really happens. I got lights on keyboard when
it's connected to a switch and cursor sort of blinks on system login,
but I can't input my ID. If I connect to the system that was already
booted, I got black mouse cursor freezed up. Thanks