Re: DVI swtch is not working with Debian 8.0

On 10/01/16 08:50 AM, German wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 08:26:03 -0500
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

On 10/01/16 01:47 AM, German wrote:
Hi list,

I recently bought this DVI KVM switch:
http://en.mt-viki.com/product/KVM/usbkvm_dvi/2014/0712/577.html

It claims to support linux and from what I understand it is hardware
switch, so it should work. It isn't. To be specific, mouse and
keyboard don't work. Both mouse and keyboard works in BIOS though
through the switch. I wonder if anyone has any ideas what's the
problem might be. Thank you.

I'm assuming that both keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly
into the box you want to control.

Yes, they work
What happens if you unplug the keyboard or mouse cable from the box
you are trying to control, then plug it back in?

I tried to unplug USB cable which goes from switch to a computer and
plug it back, I tried to unplug keyboard and mouse from a switch and
plug it back. Nothing really happens. I got lights on keyboard when
it's connected to a switch and cursor sort of blinks on system login,
but I can't input my ID. If I connect to the system that was already
booted, I got black mouse cursor freezed up. Thanks

Interesting. There are usually various BIOS options you can adjust for USB ports (e.g. EHCI handoff). You could try playing around with them.

Also, if you have both USB2 and USB3 ports, try both.