Re: DVI swtch is not working with Debian 8.0

> On Jan 10, 2016, at 2:21 PM, German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I already tried Mint, Ubuntu and Open SUSE. All the same, mouse and
> keyboard don't work.

Hate to beat a dead dog, but are they all using SystemD? I swear Wheezy and several earlier versions of Debian (all shell script startups, etc.) work just fine, and I can believe this is a subtle bug that the SystemD developers didn't notice. Jessie is great on the laptop, but there's no KVM involved. Try FreeBSD or Slackware.

Is anyone on this list successfully running a pile of Jessies with a KVM?

My KVM is used only with Dell and SuperMicro servers -- could their different BIOSes be the trouble?

If you plug the mouse, keyboard, and monitor into the KVM and set the KVM to one of your boxen, then boot that box from powered off, do things work? I've noticed my servers talking about seeing new devices when I switch between machines with the KVM. Maybe yours set things at boot and don't notice the switch?

--
Glenn English