Re: DVI swtch is not working with Debian 8.0

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 3:13 AM, German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you plug the mouse, keyboard, and monitor into the KVM and set the
>> KVM to one of your boxen, then boot that box from powered off, do
>> things work?
> No, they don't

Well, there are certainly people on this list that know a lot more than I do, but it seems to me that you've got a bent KVM, assuming it's set up correctly. That's a pretty simple and straightforward test -- it works when everything's plugged directly to the computer, but not when plugged into the KVM. Something (or everything) isn't getting through the KVM.

Do you enjoy hardware level troubleshooting? I'd get a voltmeter and see if there's power at the USB ports. If there is, I'd plug a mouse into the master mouse port and check to see if anything comes out the pin on the other side when you click the mouse. Then I'd check the mouse :-)

--
Glenn English