Re: [OT] Free software vs non-free, here we go again

On 9/29/2015 10:33 AM, Reco wrote:

No, you are wrong here. First, you're trying to introduce a false
dichotomy as if 'proprietary' and 'non-free' are different somehow.
Second, 'non-free' is *always* a bad choice.

"Hear me now, I have seen the light!
They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul!
Damn you!
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
Save our brothers!"
Can I get an amen?

Tool - Disgustipated

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tool/disgustipated.html

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;-)

I hate binary blobs that are required to get some hardware to work as much
as the next person, but I stop short of saying non-free is *always* a bad choice.

If you think of non-free in terms of Debian non-free, then non-free and proprietary
can be different things. That gets into a whole different hornets nest.

Later, Seeker