Re: [OT] Free software vs non-free, here we go again

On 09/29/2015 01:33 PM, Reco wrote:
	Hi.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 01:22:09PM -0400, Doug wrote:

/major snip/

Among programs which are not open and not free are several CAD programs

That's hardly everyone's necessity.

and at least one office suite.

That Chineese one, or M$ one?

I'm sure there are others.

Reco

SoftmakerOffice is a nice non-free suite which to me is worth paying for.
I don't have to bust my gut trying to learn LibreOffice, I can just use it.
(There is a free version, but it's limited.)

You may just be cheap, Reco. I'm willing to pay for what is not free
when I deem it is worth my money to do so. YMMV.

--doug