Re: A mouse and keyboard problem (randomly lose keystrokes)

On Tue, 2015-09-29 at 20:16 +0200, Alfonso García wrote:
> Hi, I experience a mouse and keyboard strange behavior since debian 7
> to 8
> update. Sometimes, when X windows system started, the USB mouse
> doesn't work
> and the USB keyboard loses randomly groups of keystrokes. This not
> happen
> ever and sometimes every works fine
>
> This happened some of you before?
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem of the X edev driver or the udev
> device
> manager
>
> Note: When this happen, unplug and plug again the USB mouse connector
> fix
> the mouse problem. Not so with the keyboard, which continues to lose
> keystrokes randomly

Check the mouse and keyboard on another system to rule out hardware
problems. You might also want to try another hub or USB port.

Check dmesg after the mouse or keyboard has dropped out.

Try turning of any USB power management / suspend to see if that makes
any difference.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson