Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On 12/02/2014 at 07:23 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 2 December 2014 at 18:05, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 02 Dec 2014, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>> Depends on what 'you' call "*default*". It implies a choice - as
>>> opposed to "*mandatory*".
>>
>> You do have a choice, but ONLY after systemd is installed and the
>> system is running.
>
> It will soon be possible to choose before installation. And always a
> reboot is

(I presume this was truncated somehow?)

Do you have a citation for this? The last I saw on that subject was when
Jonas Smedgaard CCed debian-devel on a post to bug #668001, in the
ensuing discussion of which Cyril Brulebois said that [1]

and that [2]

which sounds to me as if such a change is not going to happen "soon".

[1] 20141125173133.GK6842@mraw.org
[2] 20141125185048.GF3180@mraw.org

--
   The Wanderer