Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On 2 December 2014 at 23:53, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Laurent Bigonville <bigon@debian.org> wrote:
>> Le Mon, 1 Dec 2014 23:05:09 -0800,
>> Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> a écrit :

<snipped>

>>> As far as I've read, I believe only Slackware absolutely refuses to
>>> use systemd.  I don't even think it's in the repo.  I don't know if
>>> systemd will even work with Slackware.
>>

>> Well according to the following wikipedia page, Patrick Volkerding
>> (Slackware founder) has not completely ruled you systemd:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd#Adoption
>
> Hmm. So I do a web search on "Patrick Volkerding systemd" and find
> he's tweeted twice about systemd in the last four tweets. One was a
> bit of an enigmatic tweet about crying into his coffee when he read
> boycottsystemd.org and realized he wasn't reading the Onion.

> https://twitter.com/volkerdi/status/460102616991547393

Enigmatic? Doesn't seem difficult to understand.
Patrick has a very dry sense of humor and is fond of satire. For those
that haven't read it The Onion is a satirical site (and a good
one)[*1]. When I first looked at the boycottsystemd site I thought it
was someone sending up the anti-system extremists -  then I realised
"they" were serious.

Patrick cried in his coffee when he realised boycottsystemd was *not*
a satire.  (is that less enigmatic for you?)

The response to the comments on it would be "whoosh".

[*1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion
http://www.theonion.com/
Example of the sort of The Onion article that makes it easy to
facepalm at boycottsystemd:-
*Girl Scouts To Sell Cookies Online*
Good. This should help some of the shyer girls become more comfortable
talking to strangers online.”

He seemed pretty non-enigmatic here to:-
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/interviews-28/interview-with-patrick-volkerding-of-slackware-949029/

<snipped>

Kind regards

--
"Just because somebody hears something you say, or reads something that you
write, doesn’t mean you’ve reached them. With reading comprehension being what