Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

On 11/10/2014 6:32 PM, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:
> Am 11.11.2014 um 00:23 schrieb Patrick Bartek:
>> Optional?  Yes.  A lot (most) of systemd is optional.  (So, I've read.)
>> But isn't a lot of that optional stuff installed by default?

> It is, yes. We decided to not split up a 10M package into 20something
> binary packages with complicated inter package dependencies for
> basically no gain.

You mean like how you split dovecot into 19 different packages?

Sorry, couldn't resist. That is one of the first things that really
threw me. Coming from gentoo, where there is generally only one package,
but differently USE (compile) options... I understand the argument, but
I prefer gentoo's way (which obviously won't work for binary distros
like debian)...