Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

On 11/10/2014 6:23 PM, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> systemd-networkd is an entirely optional component, you don't have to
>> use it.
>> systemd-udevd is also an individual component, which btw is also used
>> under sysvinit (or upstart). You don't get really without a device
>> manager nowadays.

> Optional?  Yes.  A lot (most) of systemd is optional.  (So, I've read.)
> But isn't a lot of that optional stuff installed by default?

But more importantly... how long before all that 'optional' stuff
becomes no longer 'optional'?

And before you call me a conspiracy theorist, please read and review
Lennarts postings about long range goals with systemd... he makes his
intentions plain as day. Maybe he is waiting for the day that Linus
retires before the big push though, because I don't think Linus will let
him get away with it...

This is what concerns me the most about systemd.