Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Am 10.11.2014 um 07:32 schrieb Patrick Bartek:
> Is it possible, systemd dependency issues aside, to do a clean install
> of Jessie with an init other than systemd without first installing
> systemd?  And, if so, how would one do it?
>
> Everything I've read so far talks about "replacing" systemd on systems
> already installed with it, but not about not installing systemd to begin
> with.
>
> Just curious for now, but knowing might come in handy later.  Thanks.

You can use pre-seeding and run

preseed/late_command="in-target apt-get install -y sysvinit-core"

in the debian-installer. While that does indeed first install
systemd-sysv, it's directly replaced again during system installation
and doesn't require you to boot with systemd as PID 1.
So it might be pretty close to what you're looking for.

universe are pointed away from Earth?