Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Am 11.11.2014 um 00:43 schrieb Miles Fidelman:
> Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Am 11.11.2014 um 00:14 schrieb Miles Fidelman:
>>
>>> Ok, then explain to me the procedure for running the installer in such a
>>> way that systemd is never installed, thus avoiding any potential
>>> problems that might result from later uninstallation all the
>>> dependencies that systemd brings in with it.
>> Please be specific. What problems of of dependencies are you talking
>> about?
>>

> I've run into all together too many cases of dependency hell when
> uninstalling software.  And the closer that software gets to the "core"
> of the system, and the more packages that it brings in with it, the more
> likely one is likely to run into dependency hell.

[..]

> That kind of dependency.

Sorry, but that is not what I asked for. I asked for "specifics".
Your answer doesn't contain any specific problem which would make me
able to reproduce any problem.

I've tested various use cases and "apt-get install -y sysvinit-core"
always did the right thing.

Please show me an example where it doesn't.

Thanks,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?