Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 11.11.2014 um 00:14 schrieb Miles Fidelman:

Ok, then explain to me the procedure for running the installer in such a
way that systemd is never installed, thus avoiding any potential
problems that might result from later uninstallation all the
dependencies that systemd brings in with it.
Please be specific. What problems of of dependencies are you talking about?

I've run into all together too many cases of dependency hell when uninstalling software. And the closer that software gets to the "core" of the system, and the more packages that it brings in with it, the more likely one is likely to run into dependency hell.

I would much rather not install systemd in the first place, than install it, and lots of other things that come with it, then uninstall all of them.

That kind of dependency.

Miles Fidelman