Re: Good news on claws-mail

On 18/10/14 16:29, Peter Nieman wrote:
And I don't understand "TIA", unless it's Spanish.

"Thanks In Advance"

Well, I thought there was a strong relationship between systemd and
dbus.

Various parts of the systemd suite, including the systemd init daemon, use dbus to present its control interfaces. The dbus daemon does not require any of the executables of the systemd suite, though it does link against the library libsystemd which is maintained upstream as part of the systemd suite (and is provided in Debian as part of the 'libsystemd0' package).

(Quite a few things that aren't part of the systemd suite and don't require any of the executables of the systemd suite to be installed link against libsystemd.)

As far as I am concerned, I don't have the time right now to learn the
officially accepted procedures of filing bug reports in Debian,

It's fairly straightforward: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

The recommended procedure is to install the 'reportbug' package, then run the 'reportbug' program, *ideally* on the system where you are encountering the bug so that it has the best chance of submitting all the relevant information. (And honestly, if you don't have time to learn the officially accepted procedures of filing bug reports in Debian, I'm amazed you have the time to read debian-user in its current state.)

I don't
have the time for filing reports for all the bugs I find, and I also
assume that you'd have to register somehow before being allowed to bring
your reports to the maintainers' attention

There is no registration requirement for reporting bugs in Debian.

> (as they don't read users' opinions here),

Quite a few Debian package maintainers do, in fact, subscribe to, read, and post the debian-user mailing list.